Aims and Objectives
ACADEMICA aims at modernization and improvement of the educational process at Higher Education Institutions in Central Asia, specifically Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan, by developing a transnational co-operation system of universities and organizations from the participating countries with a purpose of curricula upgrade, scientific cooperation and knowledge transfer.
The Project is expected to foster the regional cooperation by providing European expertise, guidelines, examples of best practices and recommendations in order to harmonize the University curricula in EU and Central Asia.
ACADEMICA aims to contribute to the modernization and improvement of Higher Education in the field of Engineering Sciences in several countries from Central Asia (Region 7) specifically Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan through convergence with:
- The European educational standards;
- The achievements and expertise of EU in the development of modern learning environments;
- The good EU practices as well as innovative methodologies for teaching and learning based on contemporary ICT and Open Educational Resources (OERs).
The Project’s main objectives comprise:
- Provision of flexible access to HE through establishment of modern educational environments in HEIs involved in the project;
- Improvement of competencies of the university lecturers in Engineering Sciences by their active involvement in the global digital educational space;
- Modernization of the Engineering Degree Curricula through an integration of innovative ICT-based teaching and learning approaches and OERs.
- Development of a system for transnational cooperation between universities and business organizations from the EU and the countries from Central Asia (Region 7 - Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan) in order to exchange experience and good practices.
The specific objectives of the Project are as follows:
- To modernize Higher Education in Engineering Studies in Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan by:
- integrating contemporary ICT-based approaches and tools in line with both the EU educational standards and policies and the national priorities in the Central Asian countries;
- demonstrating new approaches and ways for delivering university knowledge to economy and society;
- motivating the academic community through a direct feedback from both the business world and the learners.
- To improve the capacity building of human capital through acquisition of transversal and key e-skills and competences for the digital HE era by contributing to the recognition of online learning efforts in business and the HE community through an involvement of business for a feedback about the relevance of the improved curricula.
- To foster international and cross-sectoral knowledge, expertise and best practice exchange by:
- connecting experts in Higher Education in Engineering Sciences and related domains from EU and Central Asia – Region 7;
- co-creating knowledge and experience through provision of educational methodologies and innovative approaches based on the usage of open educational resources (OERs).
ACADEMIKA PROJECT meeting in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan